DGV Nav

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Simple Stripes

It is no secret that I love stripes.  Love them.  Obsessed with them.  Whatever.  So when my friend Kerri wore this super cute striped top, I asked her sister Kim (photographer extraordinaire) to snap a couple of shots for me.

striped shirt- Marshall's
photos by Kim Trzyna Photography

This is one of those great shirts that you can kind of throw on with jeans and look instantly ready and polished, and you can dress it up or down.  Kerri had better be careful; the next time she goes to wear this shirt it might just be hanging in my closet instead.

By the way, can you believe it is December already?!  The Cat and I have been pretty busy trying to get the house decorated; we got the tree up,  rearranged the furniture a bit, moved the tree around a few times, and finally settled on a spot.  Now I am in the market for a console table to put on a wall that usually holds a standing shelf.  I need a surface to put Christmas decorations on!


This is a vintage suitcase of the Cat's that we added some extra ornaments to.  
It looks pretty by the tree because of all the sparkle. 


I finished an advent calendar for the Cat (nothing like waiting until the night before to get things done!). 

My sister stamped all of the tags for me- she is much better at paper craft/scrapbooking stuff than I am.  This was originally a cork board with a green frame that I've had forever; last Christmas, I painted it black to match the Cat's room and put jewelry on it as a gift for her.  This year, we gave it a coat of gold paint and covered the cork in burlap.

I like the way it turned out.  I would have liked a little more room for the tags, but I can't really complain- I did this project with stuff I already had on hand, so this part of the advent calendar cost me nothing.




Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

~Lori

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about stripes...I just automatically migrate to them in any store! They are timeless and classic! You can go sporty and nautical, or dress them up for work under a blazer. My favorite is a traditional blue and white stripe (or blue and gray, we just need to make sure the blue gets in there somehow)...under a pea jacket is a favorite go-to outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie, stripes are my go to as well. They really do make an outfit!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Advent calendar and the ornaments in the suitcase, what great holiday touches!

    Nora
    www.penchantforpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nora! They were fun and easy to do, which (to me) make them good little projects.
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...